Last summer, the Advent began a visioning process, prayerfully discerning the Lord’s vision for our parish family. The project started out small and has begun to grow. There is much for which we have to be thankful, and about which to be excited.
We will be having several “Conversation Groups” over the next few weeks, relating where we are in our current Visioning Process. We have them scheduled at different times of day in different neighborhoods.
To keep the groups small enough to allow conversation, we are asking folks to sign up for groups. After checking the schedule of groups below, call Anita Gray at the Advent (205-443-8550) to register for the one that works for you. (As you call, she will tell you where the meeting will be; most are in Adventers’ homes.)
Each meeting will last no more than an hour. Members of the Planning Team of the Visioning Process (one clergy / staff member and one parishioner) will lead the gatherings. Please call Anita if you have questions, or to sign up!
- English Village – Friday, March 3; 10 to 11am
- Downtown office – Tuesday, March 7; 5 to 6pm
- Cherokee Bend – Sunday, March 12; 6:30 to 7:30pm
- Mountain Brook – Monday, March 13; 7 to 8pm
- Downtown office – Tuesday, March 14; 11 to noon
- Mountain Brook Village – Wednesday, March 15; 10 to 11am
- Forest Park – Wednesday, March 15; 7 to 8pm
- Cahaba Heights / Abingdon – Thursday, March 16; 7 to 8pm
- Advent (after Lenten Lunches) – Monday, March 20; 1:15 to 2:15pm (Living Room)
Advent (after Lenten Lunches) – Thursday, March 23; 1:15 to 2:15pm (Living Room)(FULL)
- Advent (after Lenten Lunches) – Monday, March 27; 1:15 to 2:15pm (Living Room)
- Advent (after Lenten Lunches) – Thursday, March 30; 1:15 to 2:15pm (Living Room)