Last update: March 26 at 9:10 p.m.
The COVID-19 situation in Birmingham continues to develop rapidly. Watch this space for updates relevant to church gatherings and worship services, and click here to receive parish-wide email newsletters.
Church gatherings will take place via livestream through May 1. Church offices and the Advent Bookstore are closed until further notice. Click here for additional information.
Message from Dean Andrew Pearson (March 24).
Click here to watch a video conversation between Dean Andrew Pearson and Dr. Milner Staub, an infectious disease specialist, on Friday, March 20.
Updates regarding Sunday worship services and gatherings, and small groups:
- On Sundays throughout this COVID-19 season, our 9:00 a.m. service and the Dean’s Class immediately after will be available via livestream. We will not gather together in the Nave or Refectory for worship.
- Click here to download a worship bulletin for our service on March 29.
- Listen to an audio recording of the full March 22 service.
- There will be no Nursery or Sunday school classes for children, youth, or family until further notice. A Family Sunday School lesson and worship bulletins for children may be found in Worship This Week posts.
- Advent Christian Academy lessons utilize the Advent’s Bible Benchmarks curriculum and may be found on the Advent Blog. Click here for Lesson 1.
- Advent Junior and Senior High Youth will gather via Zoom conference calls on Sunday mornings and throughout the week for small groups. Click here for schedules and information.
- Small group gatherings will take place at group leaders’ discretion. Please reach out to your small group leader to confirm gathering plans and email Small Groups Coordinator Fontaine Pope with questions.
Updates regarding 2020 Lenten Preaching and Lunches series:
- Lenten Lunches will not resume during the 2020 season.
- In lieu of purchasing lunches, we invite you to consider direct financial support of Maranathan Academy, this year’s recipient of Lenten Lunches proceeds.
- Lenten Preaching will continue Mondays through Fridays at 12:05 p.m. via livestream.
Your financial support during this season makes gospel ministry possible. Church staff will continue to process mailed checks and information about digital giving options may be found at AdventBirmingham.org/Give.
We recognize that many are fearful, anxious, and concerned about their own or others’ mortality, and it is before us clearly that we are not in control. These feelings are normal. May we take heart and courage, remembering that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Finally, we ask that you join us in praying from the Book of Common Prayer for those around the world and in the United States who have been impacted by COVID-19 and their caregivers:
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servants, and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that they may be strengthened in weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
If you’d like to join us in continuing prayer efforts, click here to download a prayer guide for this season and if you have children in your life, please click here for tips on how to speak with children about COVID-19 from Cameron Cole.