Last update: April 24 at 2:45 p.m.
Church gatherings will take place via online video streams through May 17. Click here to read the the April 16 message from Bishop Kee Sloan. Church offices and the Advent Bookstore remain closed until further notice.
Information regarding Sunday worship services and gatherings, and small groups:
- On Sundays throughout this COVID-19 season, our 9:00 a.m. service and the Dean’s Class immediately after will be available via stream. We will not gather together in the Nave or Refectory for worship.
- Worship bulletins and Family Sunday School lessons are posted regularly on our Worship This Week page.
- Advent Christian Academy lessons utilize the Advent’s Bible Benchmarks curriculum and may be found on the Advent Blog. Click here for Lesson 1.
- Advent Junior and Senior High Youth will gather via Zoom conference calls on Sunday mornings and throughout the week for small groups. Click here for schedules and information.
- Small group gatherings will take place according to group leader preferences. Please email Small Groups Coordinator Fontaine Pope with questions.
The following events have been cancelled (original dates are included with event names):
- April 26: Nave Tours
- May 2: Mission & Outreach Service Day
- May 3: Junior High End of Year Celebration
- May 4: Parish-Wide Prayer and Fellowship in the Pines Gatherings
- May 6: Confirmation (will be rescheduled at later date)
- May 14: Cathedral Choir Concert
- May 21: Choral Evensong for Ascension Day
- June 7-12: Senior High SOS Memphis Trip
Please watch this space for additional cancellations and postponements as this season continues.
Your financial support during this season makes gospel ministry possible. Church staff will continue to process mailed checks and information about digital giving options may be found at AdventBirmingham.org/Give.
We recognize that many are fearful, anxious, and concerned about their own or others’ mortality, and it is before us clearly that we are not in control. These feelings are normal. May we take heart and courage, remembering that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Finally, we ask that you join us in praying from the Book of Common Prayer for those around the world and in the United States who have been impacted by COVID-19 and their caregivers:
Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve your sick servants, and give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that they may be strengthened in weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
If you’d like to join us in continuing prayer efforts, click here to download a prayer guide for this season and if you have children in your life, please click here for tips on how to speak with children about COVID-19 from Cameron Cole.