The Cathedral Church of the Advent welcomes your financial support for our ministries and programs. Our primary funding vehicle is the Operating Fund, also referred to as the Annual Operating Budget. This fund is used to pay expenses for all of the Advent’s ministries and programs. The church also has an Endowment Fund, and it maintains a number of specific funds including clergy discretionary accounts and departmental funds.
All of the expenses included in the Advent’s Annual Operating Budget are paid from current income. About 90% of current income comes from stewardship pledges, and the remaining 10% from offerings and one-time donations.
Gifts to the Advent generally are fully tax deductible. The church qualifies as a Section 501(c)(3) non-profit organization under IRS regulations.
Contributions are accepted at worship services and at the church office on Mondays through Fridays, or they can be mailed to:
Cathedral Church of the Advent
2017 Sixth Avenue North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
If you would like to make a pledge, you can do that here.
The Advent is always very grateful for your financial support! If you have any questions about giving to the Advent, please call our Administrator, Bryan Helm, at (205) 226-3501 or email him at Bryan@CathedralAdvent.com.